Monday, August 18, 2008

Hit a Brick wall

In about 2 weeks time, an event know as City-to-Surf will be held. It is basically a charity marathon. I hope to enter the 12km jog/walk event and intend to finish it.

For the past month i have been training for this event. I did my best to do some jogging and some workout routines. Recently I started to intensify my training. I did long jogs on alternate days and strength training. After a few days I found out i had a big problem. As you know i have the condition pes planus or fallen arches, also known as Flat Feet. Everytime i tried to jog for long distance or doing leap frogs consecutively, it hurts pretty bad. I stop not because i'm tired, but in pain. This is the brick wall.

I found out on wikipedia that there are no known treatments to this condition. I found countless remedies on the internet and decided to try a number of them.

I feel like giving up, but that would mean I will break my promise. A promise made long ago, which i did not remember when/who/or why I made it. A promise is a promise. I must be strong. 

I haven't signed up for this event yet, maybe because i'm still unsure. Unsure whether should I do this. the best way to do this is to actuall sign up and I will tomorrow. 

I hope that my flat foot will go away, somehow. It really hurts...

I'm hoping for the best :D

Wish Me Luck :P

No comments: